COVER

Soundcloud

Thursday 20 March 2014

@Vital0 - Genre Conquerer (Album Review & Interview)

Buy the album HERE

You can listen to a sampler for the album from the player below


The 22 year old artist from Wolverhampton has been putting out good music for a while now but his debut album "Genre Conquerer" is by far the most complete release he has put out so far. Featuring many styles such as dancehall, grime, hiphop and even a nice stripped back acoustic track, Vital proves that he can truely conquer any genre thrown at him. This album shows his versatility and uniqueness along with his great lyricism and songwriting abilities.

Tracklist:

1. Genre Conquerer
2. Wickedest
3. Attention
4. Ting Tun Up (Oh My Gooooosh)
5. Uk Dancehall Artist
6. Too Bad
7. Seh Mi Mad
8. Mi Look Good
9. Badmind
10. She Want A Man
11. Some Don't Know
12. Take Away My Life
13. Celebrate Ft Corey Cooper
14. Fast Cars Freestyle
15. She Said It's Okay
16. Bless The Creator
17. Mi Ah Do It
18. Wickedest Medley
19. Top Foot


We recently caught up with Vital for a quick interview which you can read here:

Q: So Vital it's great to catch up with you, we'd like to start off by asking you what made you get into music? 

A: My friend Klepto was the person who made me get into music, we were young and I first heard him rap over a Eminem beat, from there I was grabbing inspiration from all around and tried to perform at every chance I got, youth clubs, outside of school, anywhere.

Q: Who are your top 5 musical inspirations and why

A: Skepta - because of how real, genuine and unique he comes out with things, also because of his persona. Also JME because of his work ethic, knowledge, mad his ability to always be 10 steps ahead.

Eminem - because musically he was the first person I latched on to as an artist and even till this day, I do not think there is a better artist than him.

Vybz Kartel - because of his lyrical ability and his work ethic, just to put it in a example, he has been incarcerated for over 2 years and still has made more music than most artists who have had a 10 year span, epic human with amazing ability.

Mavado - is another one for his constant work ethic ability, I truly am amazing about some one who can go hard musically and still keep up the level of what they do, the Gully God is legendary for his work, talent and skill to keep pushing dancehall a to new heights

Probably my last inspiration are the MC's around me and the MC's I grew up around, Zeo, Westlee, Kleptop, Jdubbz, Shadow, Natty C plus much more. These MC's plus others moulded how I started out as an MC Myself.

Chronixx is my new artist that I am very interested in, he is next to blow I believe 

Q: What is your biggest personal achievement in your career and what doors did it open for you

A: It's hard to say, because a lot of what I had done has open doors for something else even bigger.
But to answer the question I would say that my biggest achievement is getting playlisted on Channel aka last year and reached number one on two separate charts with a song called "Ting Tun Up", I filmed the video in Africa, Spain and England, it was a beautiful experience for me overall, a great learning curve and a chance to spread my sound to the masses over a short time, it boosted my audience immensely.

Q: What does the future hold for you and your music

A: In the future you can expect more music, videos, another CD called "Artistic Nuisance" and more amazing things happening. I just want to create more hype around my name and grow my audience.

Q: Any advice for young artists out there that are struggling to break through

A: I think it's a simple as if you have passion for what you do, go hard and enjoy it, the only thing that will stop you, or prevent you from becoming what you sent to be is you, anything I Desire I work hard for and achieve, nothing that gets in my way hinders what I'm doing because I am passionate about my work, be passionate about what you do and you can't fail. Hard work, being yourself and consistency never fails.

Q: Who would be your top 3 artists to work with dead or alive

A: Skepta, Michael Jackson, Vybz Kartel

Q: What targets have you set yourself this year as a musician

A: My targets are to grow my audience, Do even more shows, Grow my business (multimedia business) and Also to perfect my craft. If I do all the above I will be well on my way to success I believe.

Q: Which producers are you feeling right now

A: Preditah, Heckz, SX are all doing the ting right now and always have been tbh lol.

Q: Which MC's are you feeling right now

A: P Money, Skepta, Ghetts, LayZ, Zeo, Westlee, Heckz, Dapz On The Map, Jinx

Q: What's the next piece of music to come from you

A: Release wise I will have a cd called artistic nuisance, track wise I always have some new random or free I'm putting out, I've not long with out a music video called #realest on www.IAmVital.co.uk and A little before that I put out free a remix to Krept and Konans don't waste my time (too much people have, lol) & also I have a really great remix I put out of Tinashe - 2 on ft School boy q, that sound is a very unique and interstitial mix of rap uk style and dancehall. I have a song called "Million" that I will put out and then from there I will be working on a lot of new stuff and I will try and get my unreleased stuff put out for free.
P.s look out for the Million Video. Epic and funny.

You can catch Vital on our forthcoming hiphop compilation alongside his influences Westless, Natty C and many more via this link: http://kippromotions.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/hiphoprap-compilation-2014-submit.html


Also check out the video he filmed with JDZMedia for his track "Realest" which is available to buy from iTunes now! The video received over 2,000 views in 48 hours and continues to get many views and feedback on a daily basis


Buy "Realest" HERE


Also check Vital out via the following links

Ustream.tv/channel/vital0
Skype @Vital.mc

Article written by Jack Matthews of Knowledge Is Power Promotions
All rights reserved 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment